The Holy Church honors Our Lady with many feasts. The Church also dedicates the month of May and October to Her.
The faithful in the month of May strive with others to present to the Queen of Heaven the filial tributes of their devotion, in order to honor Her, to thank Her and to obtain many graces.
In order for Mary’s month to produce abundant fruits, here are some practical ideas:
1) At the beginning of May, let us propose to obtain from Our Lady some particular graces, for example: assistance in choosing a state of life or vocation… the strength to keep pure our soul and body … the protection on the deathbed for our dear love ones … the conversion of some sinner … etc.
2) To fight the defects in which along the day we fall more frequently, like: impatience … murmuring … idleness … spiritual laziness …
3) To strive to receive more frequently Holy Communion, possibly every day of May.
4) To practice the daily and little offering of ourselves to our Lady and have the zeal to make it known to others.
5) Prepare and decorate an icon or an image of the Virgin Mary in the family with flowers and lamps, so that it can be used to call family members to prayer. Inviting everybody to the common recitation of the Rosary, inviting also, when it is possible, also the neighbors.
6) On a day in May, make a solemn act of Consecration of the family to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, or if it has already been done, that it be renewed with solemnity together.
Source and Translated from:
MARIA REGINA E MADRE DI MISERICORDIA (Mese di Maggio) – by DON GIUSEPPE TOMASELLI